Busy little bee….that’s me!




IMG_1420


This here is a picture of the 2 bird feeders the girls made (only 1 in the picture).  You take a toilet paper roll, cover it with PB and then cover it with bird seed…then slip it onto the tree branch.  The birds loved it…had 2 cardinals on it this morning!  So cool to see.  One thing I love to see in winter is all the birds eating the seeds off of the snow on the ground.  Such a nice contrast, you can really make out all the different kinds of  birds there are!  Funny thing is that when I came back in that nite from putting out these feeders….there is Jadyn and Jenna eating PB….and the occasional bird seed as well.  Jadyn was attempting to spit out the seeds, Jenna just ate it all!  Jadyn looked up at me and had 2 pieces of seed stuck to the side of her mouth!!  I know…you would think I didn’t feed my kids!!


IMG_1421


Now here are my 2 attempts at felt flower making….the one kind (the pom pom looking ones was super easy.)  Jenna wore this headband all day yesterday and got lots of compliments!!Find how to do it yourself here! (the easy ones)





IMG_1426


The next thing I made was this Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.  I have never done a layer cake before…mostly because I didn’t have 2 round cake pans….and because my patience level for this kind of thing is very low…but don’t you think it turned out beautifully?  And it went pretty smoothly too!  It is only 2 layers…maybe next time I will make it a 4 layer…maybe….


IMG_1434IMG_1429


I will let you know how it tastes…it’s for dessert tonite!



IMG_1435


And finally this is my first attempt at Artisan Bread (in only 5 min a day!) Bread recipe and tutorial here! It went pretty well.  I made the dough on Wednesday and now I have enough dough to make 3 more loaves over the next 2 weeks.  I had some difficulty in that my freaking baking stone cracked while in the oven….I preheated the oven with the stone in  the oven…etc etc….maybe the steam was too much for it to take.  I also will let you know how this tastes too.  It is going to be eaten with a new recipe I made for dinner…Mozzarella stuffed meatballs with homemade tomato sauce served over polenta . ( I love a good polenta….right Jeff?!?!?)  This was in  the  last weeks Sunday Journal…and my one brother Jim and his family already made it and said it was yummy!Check out the recipe here!

Comments

  1. Wow! You have been busy! I'll have to try that Lemon Cake...LOVE lemon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!