Tomatoes!


Last nite I had my first Tomato Sandwich of the season! My version and only way I think you should make a tomatoe sandwich is this --

2 slices of fresh white bread such as Wonder Bread - NOT toasted
Mayo - my husband thinks it would be better with the tangy zip of miraclewhip...I dont agree.
1 sliced tomato - only the kind grown in your garden will do.


Thats it! It is soooo good and really only available for a short time each summer/fall.

I am warning you, do not make this with store bought, bland tomatoes!

Comments

  1. We've been enjoying our tomatoes, too, but we like to eat them on BLT sandwiches. I've also been known to eat them after slicing and salting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I told you at lunch. I have so many tomatoes and not one is RED. So annoying. Remind me to get you some of the garlic.

    BTW, freak, I will prolly never post as much as you! Let's just see how long you keep this avalanche coming. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!