Schools out for summer!

Well it is official!  I have a 2nd grader in my house.  Jadyn did a great job in 1st grade and brought home an excellent report card with many many nice things to say about her!

I was amazed to see that see was only sick 2 times the entire school year!  Wow, that is impressive.

Jadyn came home from school today and said she would miss her teacher; Mrs Timm.  I will too.

Jadyn excelled in reading but struggled a bit in math (just like her Mom....memories of my Dad and me came back to me whenever Jadyn started crying over Math homework!)  We worked on it daily...money, telling time, adding.  And she did improve! Yeah!

To keep Jadyn up on her excellent reading (she is reading at a K level...I know you don't know what that means but it is good) and keep her up on her math I made a deal with her.  For every day that she does both a math worksheet and reads, I will give a $1.  At the end of summer we plan on going to Chicago to visit American Girl...Navy Pier ....etc.  I told her she could take all her money and buy whatever she could at American Girl.  She was sooooo excited she wanted to start that very day.

So it officially starts on Monday, we will see how much money she has by the end of the summer.  I am not going to constantly remind her either....suggest...maybe.

Wishing you all a happy Summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!