Celebrate Wisconsin June Dairy Month

Being that it is June in Wisconsin, it is also Dairy month! I did not know until recently that farms throughout Wisconsin did this, but they host a breakfast and then have farms tours and other fun things. I visited http://www.dairydaysofsummer.com/ and was surprised to see that a farm, I am not kidding you, 1 house down the country road(so like 1/4 mile) from my in laws was chosen to host the Dodge County Dairy Day on June 24th! Too cool! We had to check it out. I am glad we did.




The eggs and pancakes were actually very good!



Tractor ride to tour the farms

Inside the barn that holds 185 cows!

Jadyn got to milk a goat!

Cute kitty at the petting zoo.

We were there for about 2 1/2 hours and the weather was nice.  I am glad we checked it out and I will have to remember to go again next year.

They had lots of recipes and such promoting dairy products.  Of course, I like new to try new recipes, I took a bunch of them home.  I told James that I wished he liked guacamole, because it is one of my newest things that I like.  He doesn't like the texture.  He told me to make it because he would try it and probably eat it anyways.  So I ran off to Aldi's and was very pleased they had everything I needed.
  Well I have a new favorite dip that the entire family liked!

  In honor of June Dairy Month ....

Avocado Dip

Ingredients:
2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
1 cup yellow pepper, diced
1 glove of garlic
1 cup cottage cheese
2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
1/2 lime juiced
4-5 dashes of hot sauce
salt and pepper

Directions:
Roast the tomatoes and peppers on foil lined pan 20 min at 425.  Set aside to cool.  Meanwhile, add the garlic, cottage cheese and 1 avocado to a food processor and process til smooth.  Mash remaining avocado in bowl and sure in pureed avocado mixture, cooled roasted vegetables, lime juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper.  Chill a couple of hours and serve with tortilla chips.


I am trying a few more recipes tonite for dinner that I got from the brochures today....Grilled Pineapples(which I have had plain before and they are killer!) and a Garlic Lime Yogurt Sauce to serve with my grilled asparagus. Mmmm...

Comments

  1. Too funny, Breakfast on the farm here was only the next main road over....ahhh country living....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!