Turkey by Chef Jimmy

I always buy a turkey at Thanksgiving time because they are usually on sale for a good price.  Freeze it and make it some time later(before summer because I don’t think  turkey is really a summer food) but not to close to Thanksgiving.  March sounded like a good time to have turkey!  I had to work and asked Chef Jimmy if he would put a turkey in the oven on Sunday.  He was o.k. with the idea, as long as he didn’t have to baste it.  Yeah, no we don’t do that. 
Instead I found a recipe called Mom's Roast Turkey from the site SimplyRecipes. It’s your basic oven roasted turkey recipe EXCEPT that you cook the bird breast side down.  According the the side it would result in a moist not dried out turkey. 
Well, it did not disappoint.  Chef Jimmy cooked us a delish turkey dinner of mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn and turkey.  (we forgot good rolls ..boo hoo) .  He did great on his first turkey! 
moms-roast-turkey-520-a
Try it out next time you have a turkey to cook.  We have LOTS of leftovers, but that is ok because I will probably freeze some of it and I am soooo looking forward to Turkey Sammys on White Bread with Mayo.  Mmmmmm!  The best thing to have with leftover turkey.  (though I do like good ol’ truckers special!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!