Chicken Soup for the Quandt’s.

 

Last nite I tried a new recipe from a magazine, where you were supposed to get 2 meals out of it.  This one was such that the 1st nite it was chicken soup and then you reserved some of the chicken, potatoes, veggies to make a pot pie for later in the week.  Well…I am not making a pot pie next week, let me tell you!  Cause the soup was so darn good!  There are NO leftovers.  Oh, well – better it be good now and eat it all vs its only ok …but lets make pot pie with it!   I did make a few changes to the recipe, 0so below is my rendition.

Chicken Soup in the CrockPot

adapted from a recipe – but  I cannot find the original!

Ingredients:

1 large sweet onion, finely chopped.

1 fennel chopped (never used this before – it was interesting and is what I think gave the soup the classic chicken soup taste!)- aka fennel anise. (in case you are buying it at Pick n Save and the young male cashier has no idea…look under “A” cause that makes sense!)fennel_300

A few carrots (I did like 4) – sliced

4 celery stalks, sliced

1-2 minced garlic (I didn’t do this but will next time)

2 large potatoes (I think next time I may omit the potatoes for a more authentic Chicken NOODLE soup – and add cooked noodles right before serving.)

2 bay leafs

2 lbs of chicken – uncooked, boneless, skinless( I used breasts and thighs)- note: the thighs were frozen from ALDI’s for $5.99 and they were great!

6 cups of chicken broth

What to do(not much):

Add all to a slowcooker and cook on low 6 hrs (or more – I started mine at 500am and put it to the warm setting at 400pm).  Shred the chicken  if it didn’t already shred up, season with salt and pepper.

Season with salt and pepper. 

Very easy and good…things I love about my slow cooker!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!