OK....I am way behind!

Having a computer with issues doesnt help with keeping up with the blog. But now my computer is up and working so here I go to fill you in on the last week or two!

December 25,2009 at Guys house.  The traditional picture of the grandkids in Santa hats!

We started our Christmas celebration on the morning of Christmas Eve.  We normally would open presents on Christmas morning but since I was the lucky one to have to work Christmas this year, that was not going to work!  Jadyn doesnt exactly understand or know how a calendar works so it worked out just fine!  The Eve of the Eve we put out cookies and chocolate mik out for Santa(everyone puts out white milk!!!) and a carrot outside for the reindeer to share.  While out there I swear I saw Santa's sleigh and a blinking red light is the sky!  Jadyn flipped out and ran inside to tell Daddy!  She told him that she didnt see it but Mommy did!  I gotta get to bed!! In the morning when she woke she was super excited to see all the presents under the tree.  I did not plan on going overboard with gifts at all this year, but before you know it there was a ton under the tree!  She was super cute and very appreciative of everything she got!  Jenna could have cared less!!  She did look really cute with her Santa hat on though!!



That evening we ventured in the rain over to James' parents house where Patty, Jim, Stacy, Mike, Garrett and all of us ate a nice dinner and exchanged gifts!  I made the famous Eclair that of course went over well!!

The next morning I headed off to work while James dealt with the overtired girls!  Jadyn wanted everything opened and put together and Jenna was just a handful!  James ended up calling me at work freaking out!  Now he finally has a sense of how I feel when he is gone and it crazy and your tired and.....the list goes on and on!  I believe he finally felt relief when he got the girls and himself over to my Mom's (feels good to be needed!) where we were all waiting for them so we could open pressies and eat!  As always, I really enjoy getting together with my brothers and their families!  I always know that good food and good times will be had!

 I had to work all weekend up until just yesterday(4 day weekend...yeah!!!)

For New Years, we didnt have any plans up until that day. Shelly, Jamie and Jake met us all at Rosati's in Oconomowoc for pizza.  It was great!  Neither of us could find a babysitter so we weren't able to do what I had really wanted to do...bowl...but we can now save that for another date nite when we both can get sitters!  They came over to our house afterward but didnt stay long as I think we were all tired! 
James and I attempted to stay up, but gave in and went to bed(we were already sleepign on the couch!!!) and woke at 12 when someone in our subdivison set off fireworks!  It was nice to wake up the next day not feeling like shit!  Made pancakes on my new griddle...worked great! Eggs too!  Headed down to Gurnee Mills to exchange James' boots, only to piss me off(another story for another time!) and decided to come home instead of hoteling it. Thankfully we never mentioned the idea of a pool to J or staying in a hotel, so we didnt have to disappoint her!


Here is J & Jen playing in a box! How fun!

Anyways, enough of my rambling.  I hope you all had a wonderful and memorable Christmas and wish you all a peaceful and healthy new year!  I have to say I did wish (beg, plead, cry) that 2009 would be a happier year then 2008. That year SUCKED! (let me know if you want the list of why it sucked so bad for me!)  There were still a few bummers about 2009, but nowhere near as crappy as the previous year. 







Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Jenny and the Quandts! It looks like you all enjoyed the holidays (despite your work schedule)! Jenna's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!