Soups on!

In a way I don't like that its getting to be so cold and gloomy outside, but in another way it is perfect soup weather. 

I made a big ole 1/2 ham the other day and it was very good, but I have tons and tons of ham left over.

I decided it was bean soup time.  I disliked bean soup as a kid but have really taken a liking to it as I have gotten older.  And it is pretty darn easy too.  Normally I would by navy beans or something like that...plain boring...the old standby bean, but I was drawn to the 16 bean soup bag.  It was like a rainbow of beans!  I just had to try it!  (I was turned off at first by what looked like massive Lima beans, but it was all good in the end!)

Here is the recipe I made tonight...and we ALL loved it.  By that I mean my kids even ate it!  (Not to mention James had 3 bowls!)

16 BEAN SOUR CREAM SOUP

INGREDIENTS:


1 (16 ounce) package 16 bean soup mix

1 onion, chopped

½ cup diced celery

1 pound chopped ham, diced

1 cup low fat sour cream

1 (14.75 ounce) can corn


DIRECTIONS:

Soak beans in water overnite.  Clean beans, rinse and place in a large stock pot. Add 6 cups of hot water, onion, celery and ham. Bring to a boil , then lower heat and simmer for 1 hour.  When beans have cooked long enough, mash up a bit.  Stir in sour cream and corn. Serve hot.


Comments

  1. If I were you I'd make James sleep on the couch after he ate three bowls of bean soup! Looks like an easy soup recipe. Maybe I'll try it to satisfy Mike's need for ham.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!