GOOD FOOD - DESSERTS

I saw this recipe in my most recent copy of Taste of Home and thought it looked delish.  It was very good, but I thought it tasted very much like the filling of my Eclair Torte, so I tweaked the recipe for you to be even easier and if you ask me just as tastey!  Dont get me wrong, the original recipe has cream cheese ( which I believe makes everything better) and 1/2 c sweetened condensed milk (what do I do with the rest of the can?!)  So this version is actually much heathier and easier. Oh, and I just bought a pound cake instead of making it.

Next time I make this recipe I am going to follow my tweaked recipe below.  With raspberries, so my entire family will like it ( I have a household of 2 banana haters)  Warning this recipe is originally for a 9x13 pan so I had a large bowl of pudding mixture left over...that part my banana haters LOVED!  It is a really good pudding (aka Eclair torte filling).  We didnt mind having this leftover, now everyone is happy in my house!

Bananas & Cream Poundcake
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Bananas---Cream-Pound-Cake  original recipe

1 store bought pound cake cut into 10 slices

2 cups of milk

1 small pkg of French vanilla pudding mix

1 small cool whip

1 tsp vanilla extract

3 bananas, sliced (or frozen raspberries or strawberries – thawed)

Combine milk, pudding, and extract. Whisk together and then let sit for 2 min. Fold in cool whip. Cut pound cake into equal pieces 8 – 10 and lay in bottom of an ungreased 8x8 pan. Fitting in extra pieces if needed. Lie banana slices over pound cake and then top with pudding mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.

Optional top with coconut and or mini chocolate chips - my girls came up with this idea. It was a good idea!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!