Cinco de Mayo

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, 2012 I thought I would let you all in on the recipe I made for the party last weekend.  Oh my, was it good and it was pretty darn easy too!  It makes plenty too, even though it says it only makes 4 servings.I got the recipe from  Laurenslatest.com

Black Bean Dip


IMG_0456

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 small sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-15 oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup granted cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
salt
lots of pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

*** I also think a small can of corn added to this would be delish!  I did not do it though when I first made this recipe.  Next time!***

Directions:

Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter. Sauté onions and garlic together for 3 minutes or until softened and slightly browned. Stir in black beans, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder and cook another 5 minutes or so over medium low heat. Stir in salsa, cheese and cream. Using a potato masher, mash beans until desired consistency is reached. Stir in cilantro. Spoon into bowl and serve warm with tortilla chips.

 

***on another note related to Cuatro de Mayo, Jimmy and I finally used the Groupon I purchased awhile ago and drove out to Madison to eat at Cilantro Friday nite. It was authentic Mexican food.  I was interested in trying Mole. The Mole was good, but I would not go back.  Not for what it would have cost me had I not had the Groupon. It was very overpriced and only ok.   I would prefer to take the 4 of us into town to Fiesta Cancun and feed all of us happily for the same price.   Plus they did not just give you chips and salsa!  You had to order it!  We did not and of course I was soooo craving chips and salsa ALL NIGHT LONG! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!