Freezer

Ok.  Yes, I finally tackled my overly full freezer.  I just had to. Stuff just tumbled out anytime anyone opened the damn thing!  I tossed a few suspicious looking items, made mental notes (I will forget them later) for dinner ideas this week and next and figured I had to do something with the Gazillion frozen bananas I had.  Yup, I had that many!  After very little searching I came across this recipe below. My usual banana bread recipe has to have chocolate chips in it.  Believe it or not  - I didn’t have any!  What the??!?!?  (Just made some Chocolate Chip cookies the other day)

Anyways, I thought these muffins/bread turned out very tasty.  Moist too.  I doubled the recipe and used up 6 bananas.  I did 12 muffins and one loaf bread.  I loved the way the muffins turned out I wished I would have made them all in muffins.  (that would have required more patience then I was willing to allow – I was stick of being in the kitchen)

So if you are like me and end up freezing more bananas than you actually eat, clean out that freezer and try these!

Deliciouslydeclassified.com

THE BANANA BREAD

  • 3-4 overripe bananas, smashed up
  • 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour

THE SWIRL

  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon

HOW TO MAKE IT

  • Preheat oven to 350°F
  • Line your muffin pan with 12 paper liners or spray a 9×5″ loaf pan with cooking spray
  • Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together
  • Sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture; then gently stir in flour
    • Be careful not to over-mix!
  • In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • Fill the paper liners halfway with batter then evenly distribute 1/2 the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter (or add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan)
  • Add the rest of the batter to the paper liners and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top (or sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon-sugar all over the loaf)
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes (50-60 minutes for a 9×5″ loaf)

Comments

  1. I have a gazillion bananas too. Might have to try the muffins soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!