the next challenge

Thanksgiving came and went. It was yummy. As usual. As expected. My 2nd Run Turkey Run 5K is in the books. I thought it couldn't be colder then last year. Well, I was wrong. It was cold AND windy. I felt good the entire run. I was still a bit cold, but this year I was a bit more prepared in clothing/layers and I wore my new Columbia OMNI heat base layers. My thighs didn't take all day to warm back up, unlike last year. I was able to run the whole distance, so that made me very happy.

My next challenge, if I decide to partake will be the March 21 2015 Climb for Air. IF I participate again this year it will be my third year in a row. I say "IF" because last year was pure HELL. (see picture on side bar! Are we not just the cutest!) I know I don't have to push myself that hard, but I like a challenge and I like to try and beat my previous times. Plus I did my best last year in attempting to beat Jimmy. If you recall he never actually did pass me on the steps, but his time was 11:20 and mine was 11:22! Ugh! (My first year was 13 minutes.)

I most likely will do it, but that day in March 2014 is still very fresh in my mind. How is that possible? I can't usually remember what I had for dinner the night before! Believe me, at about 1/4 of the way up I was like "OMG! I REMEMBER THIS AND IT SUCKS!"

Anyways after that pep talk who wants to join me?!?!? Jimmy says he is up for it again. Anyone else? Come on people challenge yourself!

I may also look into a running series offered in Watertown that the Run Turkey Run is part of. 5 5k's throughout the year...first one being the JigJog in March. AND, I really want to look into the Group Cycling class offered at the YMCA in Watertown. That is a hard class, from what I remember of the time I took the class in college. I guess I remember a lot of hard things in my past!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!