Pasta Bake

I made this tonight for dinner from the generic ALDI brand lite cream cheese box and I thought it was mighty tasty!  No one else liked it though.  I kids are picky(too bad I say) and James thought it was bland.  I thought it was pretty darn good.  I made some big changes (basically in the amount of sphag sauce and cream cheese- I added a lot more then the original recipe called for- more cream cheese is always better...right?!?!?)

Three Cheese Chicken Pasta Bake

1 container pasta, uncooked (I used Farfalle)

1 9oz pkg fresh spinach leaves

½ chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces

1 tsp basil leaves

1 24oz jar of spaghetti sauce

1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes

8 oz pkg lite cream

1 c shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

2 tbsp grated parma cheese


Heat oven to 350.  Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinach to the boiling water for the last 1 min.  Cook and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet on med-high heat for 3 min.  Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes, bring to boil. Simmer 3 more min or until chicken is done.  Stir in cream cheese.  Drain pasta mixture and return to pan.  Stir in chicken mixture and ½ mozzarella cheese.  Spoon into 8X8 baking dish.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Bake for 20 min

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!