I just have to brag.

Yup, I am gonna brag.  Whether its bragging worthy, I don't really care cause to me it is!  As all of my followers already know(because I texted you) I did my first 5K on Sunday, Mothers Day.  It is a yearly race that happens every year on Mothers Day(in numerous locations throughout the USA) and it is called Run Like A Mother 5K.  It was pretty neat because the run occurred over at Hoyt Park/Menomonee River Parkway/Oak Leaf Trail - where I hung out a ton as a kid, so it was really nice to be back.

I picked up running last summer/fall and I really am enjoying it.  It is 40 min of "me time."  And funny thing is none of my kids ask to tag along or help or anything (even though I can see Jadyn doing track and cross country in her future).  Well, running a 5K was on my bucket list and Emmy at work told me about this very run.  It brings in all types of runners and ages and abilities. Perfect.  Plus the route is pretty easy (no hills!)  Great for any of the rest of you women who read this...you know who you are!!!! 

I went into the run thinking I would be run/walk the 5K, but ended up being able to RUN THE ENTIRE TIME!!!!!!!  Isn't that awesome?  And I felt great!  So much that I actually started getting verklempt because I was almost done and I did it....and had to stop myself from being that way...cause it doesn't make running a 5K and easier!  Also, it was pretty awesome to have James tell me that he was proud of me!  And I am too!  Its amazing the high I had and still have.  Something that I never ever would have thought of doing and end up doing it better then I ever expected! 

I told my exercise teacher today(she is bad ass) and she actually said that my time of 32 min was a very good time!  I was hoping for under 40 min and I did it no prob!
Me and my girls, pre-run

 .
Me and my girls, post-run. 


And finally, James' attempt at taking a picture of me crossing the finish line...where am I?  Too fast for the camera, baby!  Don't worry, I am going to purchase a picture of my finish, to scrapbook, of course!
 

Comments

  1. Awesome, Jenny! I would have been verklempt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am proud of your accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!