Dinner is done. Finally.

I started this recipe on Saturday, but decided not to eat it for dinner that night.  Should have known better -there was a potential date night in the works - why was I making dinner?!!?  And since when did I make dinner on the weekends?  I must have been feeling sick or something.  Anyways...I cooked it all in the slow cooker up until the biscuit dumplings were added.  Tonight, it was a perfect dinner to have with all the falling(sickening) snow that we have.  Plus after shoveling, the last thing I really was interested in doing was making dinner!   I reheated the soup in a pot to high and added the biscuits.  30 min later, dinner was done and it was good and hot!


Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

1 lb  frozen chicken - boneless, skinless.   I used thighs.
2 cans of Condensed Cream of Chicken soup  - I used Healthy Request
3 cups of chicken broth
1 med onion, diced
3 stalks of celery, diced
3 carrots, chopped
1 glove of garlic, chopped
2 tbsp parsley
4 large Flaky Refrigerator biscuits


Place frozen chicken in slow cooker.  Top with soup, broth, and chopped veggies and parsley.  Cook on high 4-5 hours, low 8 hrs.  Shred chicken with fork.

Cut each biscuit into 9 small pieces and stir into chicken mixture.  Continue to cook on high 30 minutes.

Comments

  1. I made a very similar chicken and dumpling recipe in the slow cooker last week....snow night too! I might try the biscuits over the bisquick I used next time. You and I are definitely on the same page as far as recipes. I don't often cook on the weekends either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't a comment on the post, but I like the changes you've made to the blog (I *think* they're new!)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!