Good Eats in 2013

We seriously just finished up having these for dinner tonight, and everyone raved about them.  This is not a new recipe in our household, just I haven't made these in like forever!  Seriously I cannot remember the last time we had these!
They are originally from a family friend, Marge, but I have given this recipe out to so many people I have named it my own.  Most don't know Marge anyways!

So here it is.  The only reason I don't like to make it often, even though it is a dumb reason is because of all the chopping of veggies.  I don't even chop them, I use my food processor!!  So why do I complain about it....I don't know. 

Jenny’s Sloppy Joes 

1 lb ground beef
½ c onion
¼ c green pepper
¼ c celery
1 8oz tomato sauce
¼ c ketchup
1 T vinegar
1 T sugar
1 ¼ t Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper

Brown beef, then add finely diced veggies and cook till tender. Drain fat. Add rest of the ingredients and simmer covered 20 minutes.

Maybe I should just call it Sloppy Jennys - we all know how many napkins I need when I eat!


On a side note, DO NOT call this barbecue!  BBQ is something you cook on the grill...something completely different then Sloppy Joes people!

Comments

  1. And should be served along side of Marge's Cheesy Potatos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!