Memorial Day Weekend

We had a busy Memorial Day weekend.  Well Friday we started out by hitting a local place called Sweetie Pies for fish.  It had been noted in the Journal awhile ago about how good the fish was.  We agreed.

Saturday I took the girls grocery shopping and James went and got his tire(he had a flat on Tuesday nite) taken care of (thankfully the tire was surprisingly under warranty and it was replaced FREE!!) and then got his Dad's truck and got 1 1/2 yards of mulch.  Well, next year we will have to remember we only need 1 yard!  We ended up putting 2 1/2 wheel barrels in the back of our lot, cause we didnt know where to go with it all!  It was hot and hard work, but I am glad it is done.  I am guessing James is too, because now I can stop nagging him about it!  Don't worry, I will find something else!  That evening we drove out to Hwy 18 and 89 in Jefferson, to the Hwy 18 Drive-in and saw the newest Shrek movie!  Jadyn loved it! Jenna was a bit difficult....but all and all it was fun.  Last time we were at a drive in was in Door County on our Honeymoon.

Sunday we headed back to Sweetie Pies, but this time for breakfast! It was yummy as well!  After Jenna's nap we had a cookout at my Mom's place with all my bros and their families.  It was a good time with good food.

Monday we headed over to his parents house for a cookout as well where we got to see baby Jorja again!  I am glad they came and got out the house for a bit!  We had good food and good company there as well. 

And here I am now, blogging away...happily knowing I still have 7 more days of vaca left!  Not doing much, mostly cause J is still in school, but I have a list of things that I hope to at least scratch a few things off! 


What a beautiful weekend! 

Comments

  1. I've been wanting to check out the Hwy18 drive-in. Let us know if you head out there again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!