Cheese Fest

This weekend was the Blair Cheese Fest up in Blair,WI. Blair is the place where my in laws have hunting land. James and I rode up there together on Saturday morning. I had been to Cheese Fest a many years ago, and well it hasn't changed a bit! The town, the people..nothing. Not surprised. They have a grocery store called the"Grocery Store" now.(but rumor has it that it is closing) For being a cheese fest, there sure is not a lot of cheese. OK, well I did have a cheeseburger and we shared some cheese curds- but really that is about the extent of the cheese to be found! Other then that it is just another excuse(like the people up there need another excuse) to drink and get drunk! Not one of us up there didn't do just that. I was proud, stayed out and had a good time til bar close. I can surprise people(especially my husband) sometimes!! All and all it was a good time. Missed my kiddos and was happy to see them Sunday when I (yes only me) got home. James is probably at this very moment climbing down his tree stand to start the 2 hour 45 min ride home! Like me he is tired! (At least I got to ride in the back seat and rest my eyes all the way home!)

So, here starts the long fall trek for me of being a deer hunters widow. From last weekend(opening of bow) up until the week after Thanksgiving, every weekend for him - most likely- will be spend on the never ending quest for that bigger buck.

Oh, and yes...thanks again to my Mom for watching the girls! I really appreciate it and I know James does too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!