Devils Lake Hike

We took our yearly hike to one of our favorite parks(introduced to me a long long time ago by my friend Shelly)  today.  Our plan was to hike – James had downloaded the hiking trail maps the other night and decided he wanted to do 4 hikes, Balanced Rock, East Bluff Trail, East Bluff Woods Trail and Potholes.  About 3.3 miles we figured.  The 2 trails were easy.  Balanced Rock and Potholes are much more fun!    After hiking and a bunch of whining from little Jenna (she is only 5) We got back to the bottom where we parked the car.  Found a  nice spot for a picnic, ate Linner (by that time lunch was way past).  The girls changed into their swim suits and they took off for the lake. 
They were not in the water 20 minutes when the wind picked up so quickly.  The temperature dropped at least 10 degrees.  This green dust was coming off the trees in the bluffs to the left of us (pollen?)  We stuck it out until we heard thunder.
We had planned to not come home until late but the weather cut our plans short.  No matter the weather we still had a great time together as a family.
DSC_0106
My sweets!

DSC_0164
Pretty little wild flowers.


So green.



DSC_0166
I think my camera does a pretty good job!



Three of my favorite peeps!


She was tired and far from done.

Trying out shutter speeds with my new camera...interesting.


DSC_0187
Jadyn looks so old.  Where did my baby go?



DSC_0200
Jenna found some last minute energy
to skip back for lunch an swimming!


DSC_0201
Is this still in use?




DSC_0217
Swimming fun!

Pollen coming off the trees?  Very weird.


DSC_0225
It got so cold and windy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!