Fight for Air Climb 2014

I have to start off this blog post giving props to my husband. That man is one determined individual. He puts his mind to something and he doesn’t stop. He also is very competitive, unlike myself. I like to compete against myself, try and do better than I did last time.

Last year after I completed the Climb for Air he said he would “kick my ass” – so, what did I do? Yup! I signed his butt up for this year’s climb! Knowing he couldn’t go into the climb without any prep that boy took up running. Gotta work on that cardio. And guess what? He likes it! He likes running!

Anyways, to make a long story short…he did beat me. I wouldn’t say he “kicked my ass.” But he did beat me by 2 seconds. 11:20 vs 11:22 Yes, TWO fricking lousy seconds. I should have pushed myself even harder but I was already pushing my way through all those stairs as hard as I could. I know he was excited to beat me, but he didn’t rub it in. (Though I know what he is telling all his buddies!) I can always try again next year, but after this year’s climb, I am unsure about doing it again. It was SOOOOO hard! My lungs and throat and ears hurt for a good 30 minutes afterward. ( I still have a slight asthma like cough.) I did not have this problem last year. I don’t know if it was because I pushed myself harder, or that lack of oxygen in the stairway or what - but Ugh. I think it's one of the hardest thing I have ever physically done! Right now I would say no to doing it again, but I think a lot of women say the same thing about child birth and end up doing it again! Ha!

Though overall, I am happy I did it. I like to challenge myself and this climb does just that.

I appreciate everyone that donated to the American Lung Association and to everyone who wished us well and all the congratulations. I know I am proud of what we did. James and I make a great team! Maybe you'll join us next year! (oops, guess I already forgot!)

Next, he said he would like to try a 5k. (I think a 5k is a piece of cake compared to this stair climb!)




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!