Breakfast Good Eats

I don’t know about you but I cannot wait for all the sweets and goodies to be gone. Yes, I don’t have to eat them, but we all know that’s easier said than done. Now that the New Year is here, what better time to start once again eating healthier. I know my scale is showing the typical holiday gain and with the cold cold weather we have been having any chances of me getting a run in outside is slim (I did do it the other day when the temps hit a record 31 degrees!) I have not yet learned to love my new-to-me treadmill either. It’s B-O-R-I-N-G!!! I do like it for attempting interval training because the timer is right in front of my eyes…and I can count down to when it will all be over with! So anyways, the other evening I threw this recipe together in my trusty old slow cooker and was pleasantly pleased to wake up to rather tasty and healthy oatmeal! Yeah, I know….Yum….not. But it actually was. I added chopped pecans and golden raisins (ever tried golden raisins? They kick regular raisins butt!) The big kicker is that: MY KIDS LIKED IT! Whoa! James ate it too, (he said…”its oatmeal”) but he is not a breakfast lover unless it involves bacon, eggs, or last night’s leftovers! It states that it refrigerates and freezes well. I did not have any left to try that idea out, but I am looking forward to making some and having it to eat all week at work. So, if you’re feeling like the holidays caused you to pack on a few pounds and you need to get your diet back on track, try this…you may just like it.
Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oatmeal - theyummylife.com



p.s. I would not put the apples in next time, just because I didn't like the flavor. Also, they have a couple different recipes on the website for other versions of this oatmeal...the next one I am going to try is Cherry Almond Steel Cut Oatmeal!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!