Well, just like that Christmas has come and gone. And next year it will be just as fast, as Thanksgiving is late again next year. I did not have to work Christmas this year, though I did have to work my next least favorite day to work - the day after Christmas. Boo Hoo. Its over, done..I got through it just fine, now 5 days off. I do have to work New Years Day. Big deal, much to old to even want to stay up that late. We attempted to stay up and watch SNL this past Saturday and we did it, but both of us dozed off at different times throughout the show, we each saw completely different skits! Since I was home this year for Christmas morning, I was looking for something quick and easy to make in the morning to have after opening gifts. I wanted to attempt Monkey Bread. Lots of recipes out there for it all with slight little differences. With time constraints(the girls wanna get to opening their presents, duh!) I opted for a quick and easy version(that I prepped what I could the night before). Let me tell you...WOW!, we were not disappointed! (James too - he doesn't do cinnamon)So here it is: Christmas Morning Money Bread 1 - 12 pack KINGS HAWAIIAN Original Sweet Dinner Rolls 1 egg beaten 1/2 cup sugar Pecans 1 stick of butter, melted 3/4 c brown sugar, packed 3 tsp cinnamon Preheat oven to 350. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray (or any pan will do - after making this when it did not come out of the pan nicely decided an 8x8 would probably work just fine too)Mix cinnamon and white sugar in small bowl. Cut each roll into 4 pieces. Place in large bowl. Pour egg over bread and toss with your hands. Pour cinnamon sugar over egg/bread mixture and toss with your hands. Place mixture in pan. Sprinkle chopped nuts over the bread. Stir melted butter and brown sugar together and pour evenly over the bread mixture in pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool slightly in pan. Run knife around edges of pan and place upside down plate over pan to release the bread from the pan. (this did not work nicely for me - but the results were just as delish!)
As you may notice in this picture, I received pj pants, a sleeping sweater, new slippers and I grew a set of antlers! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my bestest family and friends! I am thankful for each and every one of you!

Comments

  1. Huh. I thought I commented on this one weeks ago. I wanted to know more about your sleeping sweater! Do you know where Santa got it from?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!