HAPPY TURKEY DAY!



Happy day after Turkey Day, everyone! I sit here waiting for an Amazon lightening deal (I am on the waitlist, so I am hopeful, but doubt I will get the deal) and trying to decide what the girls and I are going to do today. Yestereday, my M-I-L and I competed in the Watertown Run Turkey Run 5K. OMGosh! Was it freaking cold. I was hoping to have a Thanksgiving Day like last year. YOu may not remember, but I do. It was beautiful. Sunny and a ton warmer. James went hunitng in the morining, shot a buck, brought it back for the kids and neighbors to see and then had to rush off and get it processed because it was to warm to let sit around! Yeah, well not this year. My MIL's goal was to run/walk the 5k and finish in 45 minutes. She did that and then some. She did it in 40:40!!! I think she is hooked. My goal was to do it in under 30 minutes. Though at like 1230 on Monday at work that goal was looking unreachable. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am clutsy. Well, carrying 3 large bottles of fluid I tripped over an empty box and went down hard on both knees. HARD! I had such pain throughtout my entire body. After a bit, I was better, all execpt my left knee. I must have taken most of the fall on that knee, thgouth my right leg was cut and scratched and bruised! I iced and rested it all night Monday (thanks Mom!) and again on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday it felt pretty good, but I had taken it easy so I didnt know how it would go. I iced it again before the run (though I think it was iced the entire run!!!) The gun goes off and off we both go. I dont think I warmed up the entire 3 miles! I wasnt sure if my one toe was cold or if my sock was bunched up in my shoe! Unlike when I run at home, I was able to run the entire 3 miles! Competition definatly helps with that! James and the girls were at the finish line cheering me on. When I saw the clock, I could believe it! I gave it all I got in that final 500 ft and got through the finish line at 29:44!!! Under 10 minutes a mile!

Comments

  1. Awesome job, Jen! I'm proud of you! I don't know that I could have run in that cold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!