Doing nothing.

So today is my day off for working next Saturday. Though unlike the last days I had off I did not leave the house (yet..its 1:37..I still could). I asked James to guess what I was gonna do today…he said “run Fowler (lake)” Nope. I am gonna do NOTHING! I guess the 5K I ran on Saturday really kicked my butt and I also am sick with a cold so that's not helping things either. Can’t say I haven’t done anything today but I haven’t left the house but to go to the mailbox and see Jenna to and from school. Even when I say I am not going to do anything…that’s not really true. I have a very very hard time doing nothing. I did a load of laundry, folded another load, put clean dishes away, put some laundry away, got dinner cooking in the slow cooker, fed Jenna lunch, cleaned some smudgy fingers prints off a few windows…oh and conditioned my hair with coconut oil. Yup, a lot of my time today has been spent on Pinterest and FB. Pinterest is where I found some pins accidently about conditioning your hair with coconut oil. I bought coconut oil for something awhile back and haven’t touched it yet. Today I busted it out once again. http://www.howdoesshe.com/coconut-oil-moisture-treatment/ This is what I kinda followed. Instead of heating it with a blow dryer I just dampened a hand towel and microwave it for heat and then wrapped that around my head with another larger towel holding it in place. I heated it up 3x before deciding I was ready to wash. (plus I wanted it all done before Jenna got home from school). I decided to only wash well once. It seemed to be enough once it dried. But washing 2x would be fine too. Now that it has dried, it does seem much softer. Not greasy either. So far so good. I also did not put much on my roots/scalp. But when the dead of winter rolls around and the heat makes my head itchy, I may try this as a remedy. So if you have extra coconut oil around give it a try…can't hurt. Or what do you use your coconut oil for? Jenna and I are going to head outside. It’s a beautiful day out and I am missing it.(my front door is open at least!) Maybe I will get up some energy to head over to the store to buy some bulbs to plant in the front yard. Maybe…or maybe not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!