Update: CSA

Here is an update to one of my newest things I told you about a while back.  I have started getting my biweekly CSA (community sponsored agriculture) shares!  It actually gets me a little excited because I never know what I am going to get.  And WOW!  Do I get a lot!  The more the weather helps out the more I benefit as well.

Over the last 3 shares I have gotten the following:

Broccoli
Garlic scape and garlic heads
Fennel
Kohlrabi
Kale
Lettuce - many different kinds (mixed greens, bib, red leaf….)
Spinach
Onions
Peppermint
Lemon balm
Celery
Rainier cherries
Raspberries
Mulberries
Napa cabbage
Micro greens – pea shoots, micro kale, sunflower shoots
Cilantro
Beets
(and I am probably missing somethings!)

 It has been fun but also challenging to make sure to use all the stuff.  I have made enchiladas with cilantro, green smoothies, lettuce wraps, salads, salads and more salads (which are very good because of all the variety in whats in the salad).  Monday I am planning on making a chicken soup with the celery, fennel, onions, and spinach.

Overall I am really enjoying it.  My Thursday nite involves a lot of dinner prep(washing, cutting all the veggies)  and dinner usually consists of a big salad ( I pick up my share on Thursday)  Last nite was a salad with rotisserie chicken – everyone ate it….everyone!!!  I like that I am eating healthier and so is my family. Veggies especially I find very hard to get into my meals and are always an afterthought!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!