Candlelight hike under a clear starlit sky

The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.  ~Frederick L. Knowles


Recently my Mom told me about a happening at Pike Lake, so I put it on my calendar because it sounded like a cool thing to check out.  I LOVE to hike, though I never get to do it as often as I like these days.  Those kids with those short little legs can't seem to keep up with me or they want to be carried or they whine alot! Hiking at Devils Lake to Holy Hill or even up north at my in laws hunting land, I love to get out there with nature.  Hiking in snow...sounded like something I would like...maybe...if it wasn't too cold and windy.

Wow, am I glad I did!  The weather could not have been more perfect.  No wind, freshly fallen snow from days before and it wasn't too cold. Luminaries lit the way for 2 -  3/4 mile hikes through the Pike Lake woods.   Perfect.  The stars were bright in the winter sky.  If we hadn't had taken the kids with us it would have been a very romantic hike. Shelly and her family joined us too! The kids (Jacob, Jadyn and Jenna) had a blast together.  It was cute to watch them interact. I didn't get any good pictures, because I brought the wrong camera and the lighting was very low.  The event is free and put on by Friends of Pike Lake.  Though, you do need an annual park sticker or you can buy a day pass.


I guess these candlelit hikes happen all over the state.  You definitely should check one out.  Assuming the weather is as perfect as it was for us last nite, I doubt you will be disappointed!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!