Eat your veggies!

I recently came across a blog :Green Plate Rule

To put it simply its a site about eating better, healthier, cleaner.

I have always wanted to be one of "those"people.  Making yummy healthy treats for their kids (kids that very rarely get sweets) Really...I want to be like that, mostly because I want to like  - no love veggies and stuff like these people do. I want to eat healthier and I want my family to too!  The writer of the blog knows alot about different kinds of proteins, quinoa(I cooked it once long ago and we didn't like it, but I am gonna give it another chance- its great for you I guess), things called chia seeds, gluten free stuff and smoothies.  There is so much out there that I know so little about, but am always interested in it. 

In an attempt to eat better I liked her idea of "Sunday Night Prep to eat Clean all week" concept.  Something I know and have done before but tend to get lazy about.  Basically shop and prep all your healthy foods - veggies...homemade granola bars..etc on Sunday so they are easy peasy to eat up all week long.  So I did stop at ALDI's  for a bunch of veggies - sugar snap peas, lettuce mix, cucumbers, tri-color peppers, celery, strawberries, cauliflower, avocado.  My fridge is stocked. (I actually had baby carrots already from a trip the previous week to Aldi's)  I had to pick up spinach elsewhere.

That first nite I made an awesome salad with homemade dressing for a side salad with dinner and ate the leftovers for lunch the next day! (I did have a Dove Ice Cream bar after the kids went to bed - I am NOT sharing that!)  And with dinner tonight I put out a plate of a peaches, strawberries and grapes.  The girls loved it!  (it made me happy)

In a further attempt to eat healthier(especially in trying to eat more veggies) I attempted the beginner smoothie from the blog.  It was actually pretty darn good and I felt pretty darn healthy drinking it too!  Jenna loved it (which made me happy) but James and Jadyn did not - only because it had a banana in it and those 2 HATE bananas!  So I don't blame them.  So if you to are trying to fit more veggies in your diet, give this one a go. 

Beginner Green Smoothie (a very pretty green color too!)
adapted from : green plate rule

1/4 cup strawberry yogurt (I used plain yogurt)
1/4 cup water
1/2 banana (I used 1 small banana- that was very ripe)
1 cup frozen mango
1 cup spinach
a couple ice cubes

 Instructions:

 Place all the ingredients into a blender.
Start on a low speed and slowly raise to high.
Blend until smooth, about 1 min


My next thing may be her quinoa protein bars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!