Easter Egg Decorating!

 

With Easter only 1 week away, today was a great day for us to decorate Easter Eggs!  Instead of buying the usual Paas dying kit, I bought Kool-Aid packets!  It worked great and smelled nice and fruity (not the usual vinegar) too!

It was soooo easy.  Seriously there is no vinegar and water to measure, no tablets to dissolve.  I used cold water.

Assorted colors of Kool-Aid, water and maybe a few drops of food coloring (to help some colors along) (yellow needed a little help and I added a few drops of blue to the purple cup otherwise it was kinda gray.)

I did not measure the water…just added enough water in the cup to cover 1  egg.

What do you think!?!?

IMG_1703IMG_1697IMG_1698IMG_1701IMG_1700

 

IMG_1699IMG_1702IMG_1704 

The blue was a gorgeous robins egg blue….so very pretty!

Oh and the eggs cooked great too.  I never ever remember how to hard-boil eggs.

How I did it was this:

1. Put eggs gently in a large pot and cover with cold salted water (I guess the salt helps them peel better)

2. Bring to a boil over high heat. 

3. Once boiling remove from heat, cover and let sit for 15 minutes.

4. Drain hot water and cover with cold water and ice (if you cant wait for them to cool!)

They were perfectly cooked eggs…no ring of gray inside at all!  Yeah!

Comments

  1. I heard about using Kool-Aid and wondered how it worked. The eggs look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitch Fix. I tried it.

Baby Back Ribs - the super easy way!

Hit the road James, Jenny, Jadyn and Jenna!